Monday, March 14, 2011

Before and after


So this was me in the summer. July 30th to be exact. I was forced to take these pictures by a friend of mine who is a personal trainer back home. I did not want to do it. Let alone did I want to show anyone. I think for real, I didn't want to see the reality. Cause I was the only one who didn't know what I looked like.

It started me on a journey of changing my diet habits and my activities. You may not know it but I was relatively active here. I needed to change a lot about what I ate. I knew what to do.. But it was so easy to do nothing.

I remember the moment when I thought.. This isn't me.. I was back home and in the middle of a workout with my personal trainer friend. We were working out side by side and I saw him in the mirror beside me and I saw how perfect his posture was and then I saw me.. even though I was standing up straight I looked sloppy and sad. I said to myself this has got to change.


This was taken today. I am happy to say that this is the last time I will be wearing this swimming suit.. it is way too big.. There is a 35 lbs difference between the two sets of pictures.
I still have about 5 lbs I would like to lose and do some more muscle work but for the most part I am quite happy that my hard work is showing.

3 comments:

Alvis said...

Hey, you look awesome! I know that must have required a lot of work and focus. Need to exercise more myself.

émilie b said...

Congratulations! :)

Mark said...

Stop posting hot pictures of yourself while I'm all alone in a hotel room in cold northern Ohio. Or bend over a bit more in the next one. ;-)

(congratulations!)